Friday, August 05, 2005
AKA "The Manly-man Blanky." The camera makes the black look glossy, but it's really not, under normal lighting conditions. The blanket is pretty thick and heavy, and done in sc's. I changed the pattern just a little bit, because I wanted it to be larger than 35 8" squares. I increased the pattern on the bottom and right side to add 13 additional squares, enlarging the pattern by 8" on each side.
This was a very quick blanket to make. Each square took only 20-30 minutes because Homespun is so thick. This one is based on Lion Brand Yarn's "Autumn Afternoon Afghan" free pattern. My local craft stores didn't have the right colors, so I used Homespun #373 Black as the main color, and Homespun #338 Nouveau as the contrasting color.